In the world of gaming we are always looking for the next best thing. We want the improved graphics, story lines, and role play opportunities. So, it’s no wonder that these bits of incredible new gaming technology are about to hit the main stream. It’s all about immersing oneself in the game, escaping the real world, and entering one you and the designers have invented. Now, that desire can become your alternate reality.
But, trying to make sure you keep up with your friends online, means accessing the best wifi routers for gaming. You need to ensure that you can stream without interruption. That your communications will happen succinctly and rapidly. Or else you could just get your character annihilated. Don’t let your internet speed bog you down and ruin the gameplay. Get your advice from the site provided and then check out what’s coming in the very near future!
5 Out of this World New Gaming Options
Ok, so maybe they aren’t out of this world, exactly. But, these 5 new gaming options will offer you the ability to escape this world and enter virtual reality (VR) for the time you are immersed in them. After all, that’s the focus of the technological advancements being made in the gaming industry these days. Seriously, check out what’s coming:
- Kinect-Compatible 3D Glasses– When you unite head and eye tracking with active shutter 3D, you get VR on steroids. The glasses can ascertain what you are looking at and then the programming makes those things react accordingly. They call this “gaze interaction.” And, even better, is the fact that Xbox Kinect works with them!
- Oculus Rift- Another version of 3D VR glasses. This was a Kickstarter project that raised over $2.4 million. Each eye will have its own HD screen which will create a larger field of view. Game designers like Epic Games, iD, and Valve are all in on this. And, the creators of the Oculus Rift want to ensure that the glasses are accessible to even an average gamer’s budget. Learn more.
- Xbox Illumiroom– If you think your TV screen is just too small, you’ll appreciate this new piece of gaming technology. When you utilize this 3D technology, the images on your TV screen will be extended onto the walls of your room. It uses a projection method to do so and could prove quite interesting should it come out with the Xbox 720. Read this.
- Project Holodeck– This is a two-player VR system. The Oculus Rift headsets will be employed here, but instead of simply tracking heads, it will track full bodies. That means you can move around in your 3D environments. And, your friend can play too!
- Leap Motion- We have all enjoyed Kinect and the Wii at some point in our gaming experience. Well, Leap Motion adds incredible accuracy to the motion controller ideology. And, it’s affordable! Your right hand will be able to control the gun and your left hand the other movements and actions, in games that work with those storylines, like Half-Life 2. Watch.
If you are the serious gamer that we suspect, you’ll be keeping your eyes on the shops you frequent. Some of these technological advancements will be entering their shelves and displays in the very near future.