Technology has definitely made its impact in every aspect of our life, and baby car seats are no stranger to technological developments and advancements. Technology has enabled the addition of extensive features to baby car seats that couldn’t have been imagined a few years ago. Let’s take a look at all the changes that have occurred and how modern baby car seats have replaced traditional car seats and what features parents need to consider while purchasing one.
Convertible position: Convertible car seats can change from rear facing to forward facing; many of them can also be converted into booster seats or toddler seats. The convertible positions are intended to protect your baby during every one of his stages, from outset through his early years. By having the capacity to change the position and outline of a car seat, parents wipe out the need to purchase extra car seats in the future.
Extensive height and weight limits: Since modern car seats are intended for youngsters to use from earliest stages to early adolescence, the stature and weight points of confinement are considerably more extensive than with a conventional car seat. Frequently, parents need to purchase another car seat in light of the fact that their baby has outgrown his. This isn’t an issue with modern car seats, and they commonly don’t have a base stature or weight standard either.
Five-point harness: The five-point harness is the most secure framework for infants, and most modern car seats have this sort of harness. Although other newborn child car seats will commonly have a five-point harness to keep your little one safe, not all baby car seats do. Having one car seat with a sheltered harness helps you guard your child amid every one of his phases of babyhood.
Here are a few more features and tips to consider while purchasing a car seat for your baby in this modern era:
- A new car seat is a better option. This is one baby item that you need to pick deliberately. Check out Graco vs Britax Car Seats guide to choose between the two best brands for your infant. Make sure that you make the decision considering all features as listed in the comparison guide.
- Purchase a car seat that fits directly into your stroller. It will save you significant travel time.
- On the off chance that you pick a hand-me-down car seat, check it very carefully to ensure it hasn’t been recalled and it doesn’t have any cracks or broken parts. Never utilize a car seat that has been a part of a car accident.
- Start with a rear facing seat, and remain with it until your child is no less than 2 years of age, or until he or she is greater than the seat’s suggested stature and weight.
- Search for a 5-point security outfit which will help keep your child cozy.
- Make a point to modify the trunk clasp to the level of your child’s armpit.
Each car seat has an expiry date. This is generally 6 years from the date it was manufactured. On the off chance that you can’t find the expiry date, call the producer.Read More